Friday, October 5, 2012
UPDATE: There is currently a total of $933 for the van!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

WE ARE FUNDED! 

PRAISE GOD!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

All funds are now going towards Annabelle and Hasya's orphanage.
The van used to transport the children for medical care broke down and they are in need of a new one. 


UPDATE: I just created a new widget because we are funded. The new widget reflects the amount needed for the van minus the $500 already raised and the fees that get deducted by Paypal. Thank you everyone!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have been following this blog for any length of time, one thing you might have noticed is that I'm truly not a gifted writer. My posts are normally short, and I would like to think, sweet.

Words often fail me. And more than anytime in my life, words are failing me now. We are so incredibly, unbelievably thankful to everyone for your kindness. Your words of encouragement takes my breath away. I have been on my knees praying for blessings to be poured out onto all of you. I wish I could hug each and every single one of you. We send our love. God bless.

If you came here from Adeye's blog post, I have to tell you her post brought tears to my eyes. She has such enormous heart. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever known. I am blessed to have her as my friend. I thank God for our friendship. We are kindred spirits.

Please pray for all the children still without a family.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

ALL GLORY AND PRAISE TO GOD!

These are our two precious girls. It's amazing how much they look alike!


P.S.
We promised to do something crazy to Todd (my husband) for every $500 we raised up to our goal. 
We raised the money so quickly that we didn't have time to "torture" him. BUT! We will! 
He also has to shave his head! LOL!

10 comments:

  1. Susan, this post brought me to tears. I'm so proud of my Jesus and your hearts to step out in faith. Thank you is never enough for saying yes to these to precious ones. When the going gets hard just know He that provided the finances is the same One that will provide you the grace and strength you need to parents these two precious girls. Can't wait to see Him write the rest of your stories. Much love to your fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely, positively, wonderful that in less than 24 hours - a small miracle was achieved by the power of social media! Had it not been for Adeye's post, I would not have seen your plight. I am praying for you, Susan, and know that you are being blessed on this journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes! I'm so thankful you have met your goal! We have never met, but I will always remember your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for you and Annabelle! I'm so happy that the stress of money is out of the way now! I'm keeping you in my prayers and I can't wait to see you take Annabelle out of that orphanage. And I really like your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan! HOORAY! This is the best news I've heard all week - and if you've seen MFFM, it's been a good week. I am SO THRILLED for you! When I saw Adeye's post yesterday I cried, and then I couldn't even think of the words to tell her how much I appreciated it. I have written no less than three posts about your family and not deemed any of them good enough to post (I wrote them all in the last couple days. I kept deleting and rewriting and deciding to sleep on it, while posting on facebook. Then Adeye just put it perfectly and I KNEW your need would be taken care of. I kept watching your chip-in until I went to bed around 4:30 am, and it wasn't moving... so to get online this afternoon and see this... wow, when God moves, he MOVES. Bless you and I hope you get to go back and get your girl as soon as possible. She really does look like Amanda. I can't wait to drive up, meet you, and hold Annabelle's sweet hand and thank God for bringing her out of that horrible place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, can you do me a favor? While you have some momentum going, would you mind letting people know about another P. family who is struggling to raise funds? Lisa Matthews has been working herself to the bone and struggling every inch of the way to get 'Carissa'. Maybe since you've obviously had a pickup in blog traffic you could share the needs of some other P. families too? <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just have to say: Hi Amanda! You are beautiful, girl. I hope you love meeting your new little sister soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I love seeing the photos of both your girls side by side! So thrilled that you're fully funded and thankful that you're raising funds for the van! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clicked over from No Greater Joy and was thrilled to see all your funds are in. Your girls are both precious, and it *is* incredible how much they look alike!

    ReplyDelete

Contact me privately at:

susanandfamily25@gmail.com


We're your average family. No fame or riches. We have our ups and downs. When it rains it pours but we always view the glass as half full. We go where our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ leads. We aren't perfect but we always try to do our best.

Annabelle. The one born in our hearts.

Kandice. Our artistic one.

Amanda. Our helpful one.

Keegan. Our curious one.

Jacob. Our sensitive one.

Followers