Monday, August 27, 2012
I had my first visit with Makayla today and she is an amazingly sweet girl. The director of the orphanage said that Makayla was shy of strangers and she wasn't sure how Makayla would react. Well the first moments went like this; a woman walked Makayla into the room I was waiting in. I squatted down, called out her name and took her hand. Makayla came right to me and just began hugging me. She immediately was attached to me. She sat on my lap, smiled and giggled. We had an instant, blessed by God, bond. Truly amazing.

We waited two years before we committed to the adoption of a child. We saw many children that touched our hearts and made them break but we never acted upon any of them. We just never felt moved by God. But in what seemed like an impossible jump, we saw Makayla and we committed...and God has blessed it all.

Praise, honor and glory to God.

I have also been blessed with a wonderful companion on this trip. Some of you may know her, she's the amazingly gentle lion, Adeye. She is adopting two children from this country. I am blessed to have the opportunity to share this time in our lives together. Please pray for Adeye and her children here. One of them I know is in very bad condition.

Please pray.

6 comments:

  1. Praise and glory to God indeed! I am so glad you met your daughter and I know you will be blessed with Adeye with you. We are sending you prayers and much hope as you venture to that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I am so happy to hear from you! Reading your words has brought tears to my eyes! Praising God for Makayla's response to you! Will you be able to share photos, please?

    Sending love to Pleven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that you had a good visit! What a blessing that she took to you right away. She doesn't like strangers, but God prepared her heart for her mama.

    I'll be praying for Adeye and her little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so blessed to share this journey with you. It's almost unbelievable that you are there and have held Makayla. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH... More information PLEASE!! Can you take pictures?? She's precious in my heart and I am longing to know more. So glad you heart has knit to hers so quickly!! PRAISING GOD. Give Adeye a hug from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How was your visit? (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Contact me privately at:

susanandfamily25@gmail.com


We're your average family. No fame or riches. We have our ups and downs. When it rains it pours but we always view the glass as half full. We go where our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ leads. We aren't perfect but we always try to do our best.

Annabelle. The one born in our hearts.

Kandice. Our artistic one.

Amanda. Our helpful one.

Keegan. Our curious one.

Jacob. Our sensitive one.

Followers