Thursday, February 23, 2012
We have decided to rename Makayla when she comes home and there is a story that goes along with her name that I want to share with you.

I'm not sure how many of you have ever watched the movie "Anastasia". It's an animated movie about the lost Russian princess, Anastasia. Her family was killed but she and her grandmother escaped. The two tried to jump on a train. Her grandmother made it but Anastasia fell and bumped her head causing her to lose her memory. She ended up spending her life as an orphan called Anya who was fervently looking for "someone" but she didn't know exactly who. Anya (Anastasia) had a necklace that she wore and she just "felt" that someone who loved her gave it to her and she wanted to find that person.

This movie happens to be one of Amanda's favorite. Amanda is our daughter with special needs. So we thought it would be very special and fitting to rename Makayla, Anastasia and call her Anya for short.

Please pray for our orphan Anya. Pray that her story has a happy ending with a new beginning.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the name, and the story behind it. Just aesthetically (uhm, what's the word for aesthetically when you mean hearing?) I've always loved the name Anya. I love it. I can't wait for her to come hommmeee!

    And by the way, our house has been stricken by the plague too, I got it from my friend's kids (future daycare kids) a couple weeks ago, and I thought it was done, and then M got sick on Thursday and my brother and I got sick on Friday. Still feeling miserable today. What is it about this year? The weather? I haven't been sick like this since my first year working in a daycare center. Bleh! Hope you all feel better ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Contact me privately at:

susanandfamily25@gmail.com


We're your average family. No fame or riches. We have our ups and downs. When it rains it pours but we always view the glass as half full. We go where our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ leads. We aren't perfect but we always try to do our best.

Annabelle. The one born in our hearts.

Kandice. Our artistic one.

Amanda. Our helpful one.

Keegan. Our curious one.

Jacob. Our sensitive one.

Followers